Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Blogs / progress update
- - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-07-01 9:06 PM
at the beginning of the year, i set out on a couple of resolutions and since we're halfway thru the year, here's my progress so far...
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-07-01 9:20 PM Edited 2010-07-01 9:37 PM
save more money
I have really concentrated on this resolution and I'm making really good progress:cool:  some of the things I've done to save more money:
1)  I created a monthly budget:shocker!:  I used to do it before but I'm more diligent now on staying within the budget.  It also helps me track where all the money goes.
2)  I am now on all cash system:shocker!:  it really is amazing how much restraint you exercise when you're letting go of cash:laugh:  i'm still working on it but for the most part, i only use my debit card now to get cash from the ATM or sometimes to pay gas at the gas station.  everything else gets paid with cash.  use of credit card is practically non-existent.
3)  I've started taking lunch to work:shocker!:  and believe me, this one's a major deal for me: pbbt:  so far i've only been taking sandwiches to work.  gotta work on that some more cos i'm starting to get sick of pbj's and deli meat:cry:
4)  sold a car:shocker!:
5)  cancelled my cable:shocker!:
6)  got a much lower rental apartment:cool:

so yeah, i think i'm doing much better on this.  my mantra has been "lower living expenses while increasing savings." 
the best thing about it is that the wedding stuff will all be paid for with cash:grin::cool:

exercise more and do it consistently
this will be my next major task:blush:  because of the move, i haven't really been able to work on this much.  but now that i'm getting settled in at my new place, i think the second half of the year will be much better as we will begin our training for a marathon this coming week:grin::cool:

run at least 3 races
i think once we start training for the marathon, this can be easily accomplished

and other stuff that I'll just keep to myself
still working on it:evil:
Parent - - By callie [ca] Date 2010-07-03 10:52 PM
Boo!  I found your blog!  :mischief: A little too late, apparently.  :roll: :p

Paying for the wedding in cash is the best feeling ever.  :x :x
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-07-06 4:44 PM
hi callie!:shocker!::hug:  you had actually found this blog before but i guess you forgot: pbbt:  i know, my blog is that memorable.
Parent - By callie [ca] Date 2010-07-19 6:56 PM
I suck.  :cry:
Parent - - By schwing [us] Date 2010-07-05 4:16 PM
what other stuff :evil:

oh yea, and YAY TRINI!!!! :D :x ur such a good budgeter :x
i'm a free spirit budgeter :mischief:

oh and I don't wanna recap my resolutions :| mebe I'll just cram them all in on December 30th :p
I guess I should start working on them :blush:
Parent - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-07-06 4:44 PM
i'm trying to be a good budgeter like you:grin::hug::hug:

we can share my resolutions:hug:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2010-07-08 6:00 AM
YaY Trinity!!!!!! :cool::hug::hug:

I don't remember my resolutions or if I even made any.
Parent - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-07-08 6:42 PM
yay me!:grin:

and uh...maybe if you blogged more, you'd have a place to put them in and go back to:roll:
Up Topic General / Blogs / progress update