Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday Daily
- - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 4:41 AM
Wow - haven't started one of these in a while!  :)  How is everyone today?
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 4:43 AM
I slept through the night!  Woo hoo!  : pbbt:  Actually felt refreshed this morning, which hasn't happened in a while.  Did a 30-minute walk/run program on the treadmill, then abs.

Marty is going to the state XC meet after all - as photographer!  But they have to be there by 5 tonight, and won't be home until tomorrow.  He has assured me his grades can stand being gone a day.  We'll see . . .

Have a good day everyone!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-10-19 5:19 AM
Is the state meet tomorrow?  Ky's state meet is Nov. 11. 
Parent - - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-10-19 6:23 AM
Is your team doing the MOC in Lex on the 28th?  I'm working that one.  I booked a church function on the 11th so I can't work the state meet and so far nobody's asked for officials for the regionals.  (Bo was not too pleased...but I'm a track rat, so I'm a bit more careful during outdoor season.)  : pbbt:  
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-10-19 9:09 AM
No, we're not going to the MOC.  We are a young team and my kids are very new to xc.  Many of them can barely finish 1.8 miles.  We're learning and having fun, but I would like to have a team to take to the championship in the future. 
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 8:09 AM
Yes, the meet is tomorrow but I'm not sure what time they start.  It's in the middle of the state.  Marty said they should be home in time to go to the football game at 7:00 p.m.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-19 3:34 PM
The meet I attended yesterday was hot, humid, and great for watching hard efforts...it was the country championship.  The young man that ran a 15:49 a couple of weeks ago came in at 16:12?  The female winner ran a 18:30 or so.  I had a great time.
Parent - - By GrayDave [us] Date 2006-10-19 4:56 AM
Today is a rest day for me.  The most I'll do is (probably) walk the stupid dog.
Why am I so worried about my daughter messing up in her driving test tonight?  I have heard that you practically have to hit someone to fail here in Michigan.  Judging by the drivers on the road, I would say that is probably true.
Parent - - By penguinpam [us] Date 2006-10-19 5:44 AM
I'm sure your daughter will do fine......just make sure there are no cats around.......I heard Rachael Ray say that she ran over a cat on her first attempt at her driving test.....didn't get her licencse that day:shocker!:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-10-19 5:56 AM
You get points over for running over a cat:shocker!:I thought they were extra points:laugh:or maybe that's squirrels:wink:
Parent - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-10-19 6:26 AM
:blush:   I failed my drivers test because I "bumped" the car in front of me.  Then I was so nervous I "bumped" it again!   :laugh:  My Mom once told me they talked about me for years...
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-10-19 5:21 AM
Hi Michele.  I slept really good last night too.  I ran 7 miles and felt very good on the run, but I noticed a little ouchy in my left achilles tendon.  I have this problem every few months or so.  Not sure why but it always goes away in a day or two. 

Hope everyone's day is a good one.
Parent - - By penguinpam [us] Date 2006-10-19 5:41 AM
Good Morning Michele!! I'm glad you got a good nights sleep:happy: I'm watching a segment on the Today Show right now about how much more productive we are if we get a good nights sleep......DUH!!! They were saying some companies are encouraging their employees to take a 20 minute nap each day at work.......um.....are they gonna take little mats to work like in pre-school?????
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-10-19 5:54 AM
Maybe explains why my life is in turmoil.  I haven't had a good nights sleep in months and months.

Tom
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-10-19 5:55 AM
I loved the little mats we had in school. One would fit just right under my desk. Wonder what my boss would think...:shocker!:
Parent - By JeffRuns [us] Date 2006-10-19 6:32 AM
I WANT NAPPIE TIME!!!!!!! :grin::grin::grin:
Parent - By GrayDave [us] Date 2006-10-19 6:48 AM
I would prefer at least a cot.  I don't think I could rest very good on the floor.
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 8:11 AM
It's helped that Bob is sleeping in Curtis' room, so no earplugs, and lots of quiet.  :blush:
Parent - - By rgreen45 [ca] Date 2006-10-19 5:49 AM
I'm good. It's back to work for me today but I have to go light. No tire work, heavy lifting, pulling, excessive bending.

Michele, I mailed your Sarno discs back yesterday. Thank you very much. I put my rest day yesterday to good use and learned a lot.:grin:
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 8:12 AM
Thanks!  Glad you learned alot!  ;)
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-10-19 5:54 AM
I slept fairly well...only 2 kids in the bed with us by my 4:30 wake-up: pbbt: Ran 10 miles this morning and was really thirsty. Must have been all that bacon I had for dinner. Should have brought a water bottle with me.

Breakfast: bbq chicken thighs, whole-wheat pasta with tomatoes and Italian dressing over top, apple, coffee and endorux

Have a great day all
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-10-19 6:02 AM
Bacon for supper, chicken for breakfast.   How about lunch?

TP
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-10-19 6:38 AM
Not sure yet...but beef would seem to be the choice to complete the picture:grin:
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-19 3:36 PM
yum...endurox.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-10-19 6:00 AM
Did not get to run yesterday.  But a neat little story...  I was walking into town to pick up my car from the shop.   A gentleman on his front porch calls to me as I walk past.  Wants to know why I wasn't running today.  He says he sees me all the time.  He asked if I started about 4 years ago which is right!  I swear he had a better log on my running than I do.  He used to be a runner, before hip replacement. 

The cat--Kitty--tried her best to wake me up to run this morning.  Just couldn't do it.  Only 4 or 5 hours sleep almost every night this week.  I pick up Lynda at the airport tonight. There will be much sadness in NC without Grandma. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-10-19 6:06 AM
People notice when we run regularly.  I met a guy just two days ago that said he sees me running every morning.  He was asking me how far I run, etc.  I've never seen the guy in my life, but he lives a few miles from my house and passes me in his truck on the way to work every morning. 
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-10-19 6:39 AM
I get that type of stuff too. usually from early commuters or the people delivering the newspaper
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 8:13 AM
There used to be a truck that I saw on most mornings, and he would always honk at me.  I started to look forward to it!  Now I haven't seen him/her in years . . .
Parent - By ironjen Date 2006-10-19 11:50 AM
It always wiggs me out when someone I don't know asks about my running. It was even weirder after I had Amanda because everyone was wondering what I'd had :shocker!: Most of the people who'd asked I'd never noticed/seen before and yet they all know me. My next door neighbors kid has a friend that lives over by Dave (XT) and THEY know me : pbbt: Now that I run with Amanda more I don't run as much around home as it isn't safe so they all probably think I've ditched running :laugh:
Parent - - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-10-19 6:09 AM
Good Morning!  The Today Show had a spot on how little sleep we get.  Some companies are advocating a "nap time".  I personally think they'd be better served putting in treadmills for a 20-minute walk instead of cots for a 20-minute nap.  :roll:   Oh well.  Most nights I feel like I get enough sleep.

Did every one here who's a USATF member get the email about dues being raised?  Holy Cow!  Mine went from $17 to $29.95 a year.  I think my membership in our state CC and Track Coaches Association may include USTF membership.

Ran a sort of tempo this AM- still warm temps here.  Then a surprise early visit with my "babies".  :hug::hug:

:grin:
Parent - - By Polar Bear Date 2006-10-19 6:13 AM
A 76% increase in dues?! :shocker!: Why hold it there? Why don't they shoot for 100%? :mutmad: Whoa! :meh:
Parent - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-10-19 6:20 AM
USATF does a lot.  And they offer a multi-year option....: pbbt: 
Parent - - By Polar Bear Date 2006-10-19 6:11 AM
Got an easy 8.5 miles done yesterday afternoon. What a beautiful day to be out there except for the heat!! Given my casual pace, I still had sweat dripping down everywhere!! The wind didn't do anything to cool things off either. Sheesh! Temperature was 86 F with a heat index one point higher at 87 F. There was just enough humidity where one could feel it! :meh: I should count my blessings though... Winter has finally arrived. :happy:

No running today. :grin:

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!! :cool:
Parent - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-10-19 6:20 AM
Enjoy your no-runnig day.  :happy:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-10-19 6:40 AM
No Running Today!!! Sheesh...slacker:wink:

Enjoy the well deserved rest day PB!
Parent - By JeffRuns [us] Date 2006-10-19 6:35 AM
Sleep is so improtant.  I'd love to get more.

2,650 yards in the pool this morning with the featured act being 1,000 yards with 50 hard/50easy.  A brisk 30 minute run on tap for the evening.

Run strong people!!
Parent - By Lori Andersen [us] Date 2006-10-19 7:22 AM
Other than the morning sniffles from the chilly nights, all is well in AZ, Michele! : pbbt: I think it went down to 39* last night :shocker!: so Shiloh had her first night of Sleeping in the House! :cool: She's loving her big, new doggie bed. :hug:

To the gym the last two evenings after work for some TM, elliptical, and core, upper body and leg work... Each day, I was able to work with Andy for about 20 mins. of the workout. I'm planning another stop at the gym after work tonight for a Triple Play! :cool:

Happy Thursday, Friends!
Parent - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-10-19 7:40 AM
5 easy miles this morning

I plan to do 5 more at our club's group run this evening.

Have a great day.

BobS
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 8:08 AM
Model T pictures!  http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/m_lastovica/my_photos

Doesn't go very fast, but it's fun while we're going!

I also added a couple of Marty in his homecoming outfit, and this morning brushing his teeth with his birds.  : pbbt:  Like his new glasses?  :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-19 8:32 AM
Thanks for sharing the pictures, they're great.  Love the glasses!
Parent - - By badlands_bob Date 2006-10-19 9:37 AM
Thanks for the pics, Michele.  Love the "T" . . . that is :cool: . . . so what is typical cruisin speed in that?
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 10:18 AM
Once he gets going, and we have a little downhill to help, he can go about 35 mph, maybe a little more.  Feels like it's too fast in that thing!!  : pbbt:
Parent - - By badlands_bob Date 2006-10-19 10:26 AM
:laugh:

Does it shake & shimmy a bit?  What year is it?
Parent - By badlands_bob Date 2006-10-19 11:41 AM
Mid-20's? . . . 5-window coupe?
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 11:46 AM
1927.  He inherited it from his Dad 10 years ago.  It sat in my MIL's garage until this summer, since we really didn't have anywhere to put it until Bob built his garage.  Then he was too busy to work on it until this summer.   Finding parts is interesting . . .
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-19 3:39 PM
Marty with the birds was really cute.  I love his hair and I'll bet the girls at his school do, also!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2006-10-19 11:52 AM
Great pics. I love old cars. We frequently see old cars here on their way to shows and what not. I believe there is a Studebaker that lives in the area as well because I see it quite a bit. I had to laugh at the picture of Marty with the birds :laugh:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2006-10-20 6:30 AM
Nice car pics. I love old cars.

Wow cute kid--bet he fights off the girls. He sure has grown up. I like the glasses. Does seem you are getting one of those "mom" looks. I am very familiar with those. :laugh:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-10-19 8:33 AM
My day has started off quite ominously. Woke up a little late, put in the contacts and promptly lost one between putting it in and going down stairs. The contacts were only 4 days old. I then, with contacts in, peered at myself in the mirror and saw that the lip where I have repeated bitten it in the last 4 days is now swollen. It looks like someone smacked me a good one. And it HURTS. I then once reaching the kitchen realized I never made oatmeal for the lass yesterday so for day 3 she's had yogurt for breakfast :blush: (This is what happens when things I need to do don't make it onto the weekly do list : pbbt: I went to the chiro and told him that my hip was achy on yesterday's 5 miler (started aching at about 4.5) and he said well look at your self in the mirror you can see your hips are off balance. To which I promptly said, I'll take your word for it I can't tell by looking at myself in the mirror. Plus I was thinking I don't NEED a mirror to tell that they are out of whack. Duh. Then the lass and I head to the park for a run. My foot (bottom of heel) started hurting last night and was still achy today so I thought I'll just do 3 instead of 4. Well I really only needed to do 3.8 today but anyway, we head out. She get a little cranky. I turn at 1.5 and head back. At 2.2 I realized that yes, she DID throw her cow overboard AGAIN. So we turned around and headed back to locate the cow. Found the cow after a tenth of a mile. Turned BACK around and got back to the car at 3.3 miles and promptly decided that I would go the other direction and see where that path goes in effort to bring the miles up to my needed 3.8. I did so and on the way out of that section some workers tried to gate me in during the time I went out but fortunately were still there and let me back to where my car was. So I ended up with 4 miles anyway. How do I do this? The last time I decided to adjust miles to a lower number I ended up going the distance I was supposed to go in the first place. Ugh, I'm tired now and I still need to do a bunch of stuff today not the least of which is weights, abs and stretching. So I'm off to do that now...
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-10-19 10:19 AM
Jen, Amazon is having 80% off baby items today.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1616401&tag2=karensfinds

Or for those grandparents on the board!  ;)
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-19 3:41 PM
Jen's verybadnotsogoodhorrible a.m...  I hope that the afternoon was better....
Parent - By jhfenton [us] Date 2006-10-19 9:04 AM
For the second week in a row, my midweek medium run is threatened by thunderstorms. Last week I ran anyway and ended up ducking in a running store on the bike trail for cover midway through when the lightning got too close for comfort. Tonight, it's supposed to be a washout starting at about 4 pm and lasting all evening. :mutmad: So I'm probably going to be stuck running around my office until the lightning gets too close and then jumping on the treadmill indoors. :cry: I hope I don't have to run too many on the treadmill. I'm doing 15, my longest run left before the marathon.

I'm glad to see you headed back to work, Ray. Did the wrist stop oozing? :)

John
Parent - - By murphy26.2 Date 2006-10-19 3:38 PM
Hi everyone! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that gets stopped by neighbors to ask where the dog is or why I'm not running today - even better is when I talk to a neighbor in the grocery store & the person doesn't know me 'cuz I'm not in running clothes or have the dog with me:roll:

Finally got an answer from the Univ. fitness center - I can pay $10 each time I go now but no memberships til January & still not sure about who will be able to be a member. The alumni association better not call any time soon to solicit money:mutmad:

I checked into a few other places including a rehab center but a doctor has to write a prescription for use of the pool & then you have to take water classes with others - can't do laps on your own - cost is $5 per session not covered by insurance even though the doc has to order it

The local Y has a 30 day/$30 trial membership - so even though I'm not a big fan of the place I might end up doing that - I plan to stop after work tomorrow to really check it out

Hope everyone has another good night sleeping!:grin:
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-19 3:42 PM
I hope that the YMCA checks out to your liking, the price is right, anyway.  I know you'll feel better once you can get active again.
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-19 3:45 PM
Ran a very easy 2 this a.m.; now my stupid knee is cranky.  It doesn't hurt while I run so I'll go ahead and do the 5k on Saturday;  I've had this before and can usually run thru it.  Bugs me that I don't know what caused it unless it was too much torque on my knee from my massage/stretching on Tuesday :sad:
Parent - - By murphy26.2 Date 2006-10-19 3:53 PM
Ya gotta watch those torques!:laugh:

Hope your knee feels better for your race on Saturday!:grin:
Parent - - By MarcRunsSlow [us] Date 2006-10-19 7:17 PM
Torques ~ aren't those the things you put around your patio at night?
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-19 8:10 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-19 8:10 PM
Thanks!
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2006-10-19 4:23 PM
Late again. Just one of those days. A meeting at work and finally a easy 4.0 miles followed by a much needed upper body workout.
Now were heading to my Son Brian's Ring Mass at church for all the Senior Class. I'm sure his Mom will shed a tear or two. She always does. :grin: Have a great evening everyone.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday Daily