Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Blogs / why does DirecTV do this? <rant>
- - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-06-04 7:39 PM Edited 2010-06-07 7:05 PM
I was setting up directv for the new place and I find it so annoying how people try to trick you into paying more than you have to.  And what's worse is that they try to talk really fast thinking you won't catch them and that somehow you'll just say yes to everything they say:meh:

the woman I was talking to kept talking like this:

woman:  so we'll sign you up for a protection plan for $5.95 a month;  some people opt for the 2-year plan for $49 that way they save more money
me:  um no thanks i don't want protection plan:wtf::meh:
woman:  oh...well okay...

woman:  we'll send you an hd dvr;  it costs extra but we'll just add it to your first bill
me:  uh no thanks, i only want the basic digital receiver:mutmad:

and this was the one that upset me the most:
woman:  you're going to get Showtime for 3 months for free; and if you don't want to keep it, you can just cancel at the end of the 3 months
me:  whoa whoa whoa!  I didn't ask for Showtime and I don't want to have to remember to cancel it for 3 months:wtf:
woman:  oh well it's included in the package.  you'll have to call the main office because I can't alter the order
me:  :shocker!::shocker!::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

if I wasn't getting such a good deal, I would have cancelled the entire thing: pbbt:
oh and thanks for letting me vent:grin:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2010-06-07 6:58 PM
is it cable or DirecTV? :wtf:
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-06-07 7:05 PM
directv: pbbt:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2010-06-07 7:19 PM
if you get showtime On Demand make sure you watch Californication and Weeds.
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-06-07 7:25 PM
but i don't want showtime:laugh:

what's Weeds about?
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2010-06-07 7:56 PM
weeds is about this chick whose husband dies and she has 2 kids to support so she starts selling pot to make money.  she lives and sells in the burbs.  its a comedy...very funny....but you need to start watching from season 1.
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-06-19 8:46 PM
update:  I cancelled the order.  they were really pissing me off:meh:
Parent - - By schwing [us] Date 2010-06-21 10:16 PM
did it sound something like this: OH HELL NO!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE THE ONES TRYING TO SHOVE "SHOWTIME" UP MY *dialtone* :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-06-22 12:43 PM
I was being nice thankyouverymuch:mutmad::mischief:
Up Topic General / Blogs / why does DirecTV do this? <rant>