Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sports bra recommendation?
- - By nicolet Date 2006-07-04 5:26 PM
I need a couple of new sports bras and was hoping for some recommendations.  I'm fairly small chested (34A) and usually wear my sports bra w/o a top over it when running.  I don't have a running store nearby so I'm planning on ordering online.  Do you have any favorite ones (if you don't know the specific model name, the brand name is fine)?  Thanks:happy:
Parent - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2006-07-04 5:29 PM
Parent - - By amyNtx Date 2006-07-04 6:06 PM
I second the champion pick!  I prefer the zip front ones, they are incredibly easy to get off when I am soaked in sweat.  Another forumite posted that hers had come unzipped while running....I have worn them for a couple of years for running and tennis and have never had a problem.  I do wish they came in bright colors and not just white, black and gray : pbbt:
Parent - By nicolet Date 2006-07-05 9:55 AM
Thanks.  Looks just like what I need. 
Parent - By swordchick [us] Date 2006-07-06 7:04 AM
I have a couple of those champion ones as well, and I love them, but I am also small chested and can get away with the Champion C9 brand bras from Target. You won't want to run a marathon in them, but I've never had a problem with chafing or anything with them (I'm a 34A-B). They provide enough support, and I have them in about 10 different colors. They go on sale pretty often, so you can get them for $10-$15.
Parent - - By freps Date 2006-07-06 11:40 AM
Okay, this is going to sound disrespectful, but really, it is NOT ...beingthe polar opposite of 34A (I am 5'4 and a 34DD) I KNOW that I have to wear a sports bra, and wish that I had your body so I could not have to wear them for anythign but the prettiness of it all...so...why does someone with a 34A need a sports bra, as opposed to a regular one?

Not being a bitch, honestly...totally curious.
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2006-07-06 12:02 PM
I'm not an A, I have a whole B cup thankyouverymuch :p, but a regular bra rubs and chafes something awful.  The sports bra serves the purpose of being comfier more than the purpose of providing support -- altough even my little boobs still need some support or else it hurts.
Parent - By freps Date 2006-07-06 2:42 PM
I was referring to the self-identified original poster as an A.  Thank you though for educating me.  I so envy the cute floral and polka dotted little one-barbell bras in Title 9 catalog....me, I'm kind a Verezanno Narrows-suspension sort of bra wearer.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2006-07-06 12:18 PM
I'll second that you still need support.  Not to mention who wants to make their normal bras disgusting and smelly.  It's much nicer to have a wicking bra.  At times I am shocked that even being smaller they still hurt.  Of course during PMS time they get tender so it doesn't take much.  Granted I'm not an AAA or something but being a B you still need something so I'm guessing as an A you might need one as well.  I don't need to really strap them down or need a $50 bra which I'm thankful for but still would need a sports bra for anything more than a small jaunt to get my mail.  I don't really ever get any rubbing w/ any bra but do notice a different level of bounce from one sports bra to another.
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2006-07-06 12:20 PM
Oh as far as that PMS comment.  I always think man they should be growing 3 sizes w/ all this pain!!!  It's always comparable to the tender boobs I had when I was pregnant. 
Parent - By swordchick [us] Date 2006-07-06 2:55 PM
Ouch! :shocker!: I can't imagine wearing a regular bra for running! Not enough support and lots of chafing. Even little titties get sore when they bounce.
Parent - By nicolet Date 2006-07-06 9:16 PM
I need a sports bra for the support - even my 34A's bounce around a little.  Also the fabric and comfort of a sports bra is better.  And, in the summer all I wear is a sports bra and shorts - no singlet or other shirt.  So, a regular bra isn't an option. 
Parent - - By David_L Date 2006-07-06 11:41 AM
I recommend you pretty ladies don't wear bras at all:hug:
Parent - - By dangerousdan (bear terrorist) [us] Date 2006-07-06 12:02 PM
Don't you wear one when you roller skate :shocker!:
Parent - By David_L Date 2006-07-06 12:16 PM
Yes, a padded one on my head in case I fall.

Inline, not roller skate :mutmad:
Parent - By nicolet Date 2006-07-06 9:19 PM
I acutally ended up going to Dick's Sporting Goods and Target today and trying on a few sports bras - Nike, Adidas, Champion, Moving Comfort, and Champion C9 (Target brand).  And, it ended up that the cheapest - the C9 - fit the best.  Go figure.  I also got two pair (pink and blue) cute Hind P.E. shorts (my favorite low-rise running shorts)  on sale.  Now I can't wait to wear my new outfits. 
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sports bra recommendation?