Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Anyone watching Germany/Italy right now?
- - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-04 2:22 PM
Sure wish someone would score. . .
Parent - - By brackman1066 [us] Date 2006-07-04 2:36 PM
Yeah.  Actually, I wish Germany would score. :wink:

I think every match I've watched has gone to penalty kicks.  Oh well.  It's keeping me in my chair working on my course syllabus for next semester.

b
Parent - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-04 2:38 PM
Italy's defense is really good, and the Germans are playing just a little loose.  If it goes to penalty kicks, I'm turning down the volume and listening to my neighborhood go nuts.  :grin:
Parent - - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-04 2:39 PM
OOh! and here comes Odonkor.  Let's hear it for fresh legs!
Parent - - By brackman1066 [us] Date 2006-07-04 2:42 PM
You must actually understand this sport, then?  I don't know what offsides is, even.  Just that Italy does it a lot.
Parent - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-04 2:44 PM
I have never understood offsides, not in hockey, not in soccer.  I'm just living here and think the players are cute.  :blush:
Parent - - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-04 2:50 PM
OMG overtime.  I so would like to go to bed.
Parent - - By brackman1066 [us] Date 2006-07-04 3:26 PM
Germany is now passing the ball to the other team like a pre-Roethlisberger Steelers quarterback.  Geez.

Italy scored.  Damn.
Parent - - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-04 3:29 PM
And again.  Shit. 

Shit shit shit.
Parent - - By brackman1066 [us] Date 2006-07-04 3:30 PM
You stay safe, OK?  Sports-fired crowds can get ugly.
B
Parent - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-04 3:33 PM
Oh -- well, unless they come to my house next to the cemetary (read: highly unlikely), all's well. 

I've got it on the television, and the Dortmund stadium is pretty quiet.  Looks like a few hundred Italy fans and the rest are really shocked Germans.
Parent - - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-04 3:31 PM
Now we'll have to listen to the Italian fans all night.  I'm rooting for the winner of France/Portugal in the final.  Nyah.: pbbt:
Parent - - By Crazy Mex [at] Date 2006-07-05 12:51 PM
People here were supporting Italy like mad.
:laugh:
Parent - - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-05 12:58 PM
No doubt!  The celebrating was rather muted last night, either out of respect for the host country's loss, or out of fear of getting busted for noisy conduct a la the Ghana game. 

I've got France / Portugal on now, and they just played the Marsellaise.  Woo Hoo! 
Parent - - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-05 12:59 PM
And there's the coin toss.  Zidane.:hug:  And Figo, holy cow.  :evil:
Parent - - By Taniabird Date 2006-07-05 1:09 PM
You ain't kiddin.  Zidane and Figo...  oh my.  :evil::cool: 
Parent - - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-05 1:34 PM
To paraphrase the GFY web site (http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/go_fug_yourself/freaky_fug_friday/index.html), Zidane is hot, people. Super hot. And sometimes, God help us, the hot just wins.   As he puts one in the net. . .
Parent - - By brackman1066 [us] Date 2006-07-05 2:30 PM
I'm cheering for France just because of him.  Of course, every team I've wanted to win so far has lost (most notably England) so this might be a bad sign.
Parent - - By freps Date 2006-07-05 3:25 PM
Okay, I am holding all of you women responsible for Zidane making that PK.  I wanna drool over C. Ronaldo and Figo some more. 

Okay, Zidane's good looking, in a highly athletic, incredibly masculine, ripped sort of way, if you like those things....
Parent - - By KirstenD [de] Date 2006-07-06 7:06 AM
Well, Fran, you can always watch them on Saturday for the 3d place game v. Germany.  I was on the fence about Zidane until just yesterday, when they showed him close up before they took the field at the start of the game.  Way cuter up close with the grey/blue eyes.  Like a reverse Monet.

K

Oh yeah and at the end of the game Figo and Zidane exchanged arm bands, and the camera cut away right as they were taking off their shirts to exchange those too!  Argh!  But we got to see Figo stand there with no shirt on before he put on Zidane's jersey.  M-hm that's right.

Signed,
A loyal soccer fan only interested in the quality of play and the science of the sport itself. 
Parent - By freps Date 2006-07-06 8:01 AM
Ummm- did you miss that little homoerotic moment when they were both hugging with their shirts off -- and then Zidane PUT ON FIGOS SWEATY PORTUGAL JERSEY -- I mean, they kind of exchanged bodily fluids right on ESPN.

Okay, breathing again.  I thought Portugal played damn well.  Too bad they couldn't finish their chances. 

Zidane v. Del Pietro.  Swoon.
Parent - - By Zeichner [de] Date 2006-07-06 7:28 AM
Well, I am late on this but I only just registered today so I just want to say I was REALLY disappointed about the outcome of the Germany - Italy game. It should have been the Australians playing against Germany anyway. I look forward to watching the match of Germany and Portugal on Saturday.
Parent - - By freps Date 2006-07-06 8:03 AM
Aaah...I see your flag.  I am certain it is disappointing to see your country lose at home.  I thought, up until that game, that they were the better team, and frankly thought it was the best, most exciting, well played game of the whole Cup....much more exciting than an Australia/Germany game would have been, IMHO.  Australia and Holland might be the two most boring teams in futbol.
Parent - - By Zeichner [de] Date 2006-07-06 8:13 AM
Yeah, I REALLY thought they would win so the outcome was really surprising. I agree that an Australia - Germany game would have not been as exciting but mostly likely at least Germany would be on to the final. :grin: Of course, I think Italy played very well but the penalty shot at which they beat the Australians was not fair in my opinion.
Parent - - By freps Date 2006-07-06 8:35 AM
One could say the same for the mystery foul that put Zidane on the line yesterday.  That was the same ref that did the Italy-US game.  He has an agenda, I think.
Parent - - By Zeichner [de] Date 2006-07-06 8:47 AM
Indeed, maybe somebody is paying him ? :grin:
Parent - - By Nomad Date 2006-07-06 8:59 AM
Italians?  Involved with bribes?  Never :laugh::wink:
Parent - - By Zeichner [de] Date 2006-07-06 9:06 AM
:laugh:
Yeah, we must be crazy... :grin:
Parent - By freps Date 2006-07-06 9:11 AM
delusional.:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Anyone watching Germany/Italy right now?