Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / General Training / 2010 Training Week 9
- - By slavin [us] Date 2010-02-28 9:22 AM
I've got in 30 miles each week for the last 3 weeks which has been an increase in mileage for me.  I'm planning a cutback week the first week in March (maybe 20-25 miles) and then I'd like to hold it at 30 miles per week for the rest of March.  I'd like to have 120 miles or so for the month.  I'm here in Cleveland until the 8th and I'm glad that my time here coincides with a cutback week.  The gym sucks and it's a million degrees in there with no way to turn the heat down.

ETA...did the 4.5 miles I needed today to get to 100 for the month of February.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-02-28 11:07 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By sunshine (bisexual philanderess) [us] Date 2010-02-28 5:29 PM
how many days do you plan on running each week? Nice job this month!
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-02-28 7:43 PM Edited 2010-02-28 7:46 PM
How about joining us in our 2010 fitness quest here?  We had a third person, JimGo1, but he hasn't posted in about 2 weeks now.:sad:
Parent - By slavin [us] Date 2010-02-28 8:00 PM
I've only been running 4 days a week...I always say I'm going to do 5 but never actually do.  It's hard with the standing on the feet in heels all the time.
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-03-01 1:57 PM Edited 2010-03-01 1:59 PM
I'm aiming for 25 to 30 this week (hoping for a 5th day of running this week).  Temps are supposed to be in the 50s and even near 60 on Wed or Thurs., so it'll be shorts weather.  If I can get 90 to 100 by March 30, the day before we go on vacation, it'll be great.  I hope to run at least twice that week, but won't worry if I can't get out that much.  I might see if there's a YMCA in Bend, OR in case the weather's bad, as they have daycare and we get 2 hours free per day.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-03-01 1:59 PM
7.2 miles in 10:16 today.  Felt very sluggish until about mile 5.  The only food I had before the run was two donuts, and I think the sugar energy was wearing off near the beginning of the run.  Not sure how I was able to gather the energy at mile 5, 6, and 7 (9:26) to get home, but it was a gradual downhill home.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-03-03 1:18 PM
7.35 miles in 9:59.  For first 3.5 or so miles ran 1 mile easy, then 0.5 mile (9:00) then 0.25mi (10:15 normal).  Did this 3x for first half, then second half tried to survive the rest of the run after doing 2min fast (8:30ish)/2min walk/5min (10:15).  Did this combination 3x then struggled home (still running, though).
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-03-04 4:55 PM
6.4 miles in average of 10:00min/mi. 
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-03-05 3:07 PM
7.2 miles in average of 10:11 min/mi.  I'm definitely seeing a faster average pace.  a couple weeks ago I would have said my average pace was 10:30.  Now it's right around 10:10 or so.  I have to say I don't know how I trained w/o the Garmin and runningahead.com.  It's great to have the Garmin calculate my mile splits, and it's interesting to see the results of every mile.  I could have done that w/my Nike SDM, but I'd have to physically push the button every mile, and I have to say I don't always pay attention to the time at the end of each mile (and I kind of don't want to think about that on every single run).  On a my run today (normal pace), I saw at least 3 miles in the 9's for pace.  Pretty soon I can see myself running in the 9's for an average.  Doing tempo and interval runs is easier w/the Garmin, too because I can look at the instantaneous pace, which works well here (I don't have many trees, buildings, or hills to block the satellite signal, so it doesn't jump around much--a little where there are a few more trees, but it's not that bad) and run at that particular pace.
Parent - By slavin [us] Date 2010-03-05 7:35 PM
Sweeeeet.  :cool:
Parent - - By JimGo1 Date 2010-03-01 7:41 PM
Hi Guys !

Still training - had a low 20's week last week.   I'm hoping for probably a low 20 this week again because I'll be out of town on the w/e.   Good to see everyone rolling the miles.  I feel like running more but just establishing a running pattern now of mon, tues, thu, fri, sun to give me something to build off for summer.  More about time on feet right now and getting out the door.   Still in the weight room but kind of backing off on the variety and easing into my spring/summer basic lifts.   I'm going to try to make Saturday my mtn biking day this summer and do some basic lifts mon/wed.   Going thru round 3 of corporate cut backs - not sure I'm going to survive this one so I could be training a lot by summer :laugh:
Parent - By slavin [us] Date 2010-03-01 9:03 PM
Welcome back!!!  :grin:

And I'm sorry to hear about your job...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-03-01 11:51 PM
Good to see you here!  How's the snow situation up there?

Good luck on your job.
Parent - - By JimGo1 Date 2010-03-02 3:47 PM
Still snowy but you can tell spring is on the way - atleast the shoulders of the road are starting to open up a bit !
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-03-03 1:19 PM
We had one pond in town that was safe to ice skate on for Jan and Feb. (city measured the ice every day).  Yesterday was the first day the snow had melted off and the ice was smooth, but the overal thickness is too thin for skating.  My wife was a little bummed, but we can skate year round at the YMCA here.
Parent - By slavin [us] Date 2010-03-05 7:48 PM
All of this week's miles were done on a sweaty treadmill in Cleveland.  This week was a cutback week and I kind of was confused about how to handle it.  I googled and found a little information about cutback weeks but not very much at all.  I decided to just do a 20% cutback so since I'd been running 30 miles, I did 24 this week.

Sunday- 4.5 miles
Monday- OFF
Tuesday- OFF
Wednesday- 5.5 miles
Thursday- 5.5 miles
Friday- 8.5 miles
Saturday- OFF

I go home on Monday and I can't wait...I feel like I've been here forever.
Up Topic Training / General Training / 2010 Training Week 9