Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Our Hawaiian friend Lee?
- - By ironjen Date 2006-10-15 2:16 PM
Hey I just saw that the islands of Hawaii were hit with a 6.3 earthquake this morning. Seems like it was an odd place but did do some damage. Just wondering if anyone has hear from Lee? Hoping that she was not affected by the quake.
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-10-15 3:07 PM
I thought of her too.  Hope she checks in!  My son's college team has a large contingent of Hawaiians, so I'm sure the TV is on in the dorms.
Parent - By RBrauerei [us] Date 2006-10-15 3:11 PM
Epicenter was closest to Lee's island; the big island of Hawaii.  Power is out across most of the state, but they aren't reporting widespread damage.  So, hopefully all is well with Lee, if not shaken.
Parent - By NErunner [us] Date 2006-10-15 5:02 PM
I haven't seen the name of her town, Kea'au, mentioned.

Our thoughts are with you, Lee:hug:.
Parent - By MarcRunsSlow [us] Date 2006-10-15 9:19 PM
Late Sunday.

Later reports are calling this a 6.6 magnitude quaker. That's pretty big for the islands. Lots of minor damage and landslides. Power is being restored quickly.
Parent - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2006-10-16 4:06 AM
LEE, where are you? and are you OK?:grin::grin:
Parent - - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-10-16 6:12 AM
Lee is fine!   :hug:
Parent - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2006-10-16 8:18 AM
Thanks Dottie!!

Did I miss a post about Lee?
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2006-10-16 11:06 AM
Good news. Thanks Dottie! I was watching the news of the quake at the gym this morning and Lee was the first thought.
Parent - - By Lee Tri-s [us] Date 2006-10-16 11:28 AM
My computer is dead at home, not earthquake related.  I had to wait until I got to work to check in.  All is fine.  The epicenter was on the Kona side, but we felt it strongly.  It was the longest lasting one I ever experienced.  My husband, who built our house himself is proud of how well it held up in this and previous quakes.  Only a few things fell off shelves, nothing breakable.  Power was out much of the day.  After my triathlon, I just stayed at the beach and read a book.  It was a lovely, sunny day otherwise.  I was surprised to come home and see all the destruction on TV after the power was back on.  Some people had to wait 3+ hours on the ground after their planes landed in Honolulu.  I am SO glad I flew in last weekend rather than this.  Can you imagine having to stay on a plane that long after such a long flight!  The road to Kona is closed.  Saw pictures of huge chunks of the road missing.  I have several friends going over for Ironman next weekend so they're a little concerned.  They'll get there one way or another, though!
Parent - By Soundrunner [us] Date 2006-10-16 11:54 AM
Good job, husband. :)

Glad to hear you are fine -- a reminder to double check that earthquake kit if you haven't done so recently! :hug:
Parent - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2006-10-17 5:37 AM
Very glad to read you and your Husband are Ok!!!:grin::grin:
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2006-10-17 7:26 AM
Glad to hear all is well Lee. Kudos to husband for building a strong home.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Our Hawaiian friend Lee?