Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Travel / places to stay
Poll where would you rather stay?
bed and breakfast 2 18%
hotel 6 55%
other 3 27%
- - By schwing [ca] Date 2010-01-02 7:09 AM
When you travel where do you prefer to stay? Bed and breakfast or hotel?
Parent - - By badlands_bob Date 2010-01-02 7:27 AM
cabin :cool:
Parent - By schwing [us] Date 2010-01-02 7:30 AM
i forgot those..:cry:
some of my best trips have been in cabins/chalets
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-01-02 7:34 AM
heyas schwing:hug:

I used to like bed and breakfasts but lately it's been horrible:cry:  sos yea I think for now I'd prefer either hotel (Embassy Suites:cool:) or cabin/chalets

trini:hug:
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-01-02 7:34 AM
umm how come we're not allowed more than one vote:mutmad::cry:
Parent - - By schwing [us] Date 2010-01-02 7:38 AM
it sez "where would you rather stay?" :mutmad:
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-01-02 7:40 AM
schwingville:evil:
Parent - - By schwing [us] Date 2010-01-02 7:40 AM
:evil::evil::evil:
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-01-02 7:42 AM
:evil::mischief::evil::hug::evil:
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2010-01-02 7:45 AM
:vomit: : pbbt:
Parent - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-01-02 7:49 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By schwing [us] Date 2010-01-02 7:37 AM
heyas trini :x
I'm sure bed and breakfasts can be awesome if you find the right one, but i think you sorta never know what you're gonna get til you try it. :sad:
if i'm staying at a hotel i like the ones that have little mini kitchens in them :cool:
and embassy suits have the best breakfasts :cool:

schwing :x
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-01-02 7:39 AM
embassy suites make the best omelets!:cool:
trini:hug:
Parent - By joerunner (100 mile stud) Date 2010-02-05 9:13 AM
I used to really enjoy the free happy hour.:evil:
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-01-02 1:16 PM
Usually hotel, but we stayed at an excellent B&B in Edinburgh over 10 years ago.  Probably the best B&B we've ever encountered.
Parent - - By Trinity (Troublemaker) Date 2010-01-02 1:21 PM
please tell us what made it the best B&B.  we're trying to get some idears:mischief:
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2010-01-02 7:11 PM
It was located in a very nice section of Edinburgh, within walking distance to the Royal Mile.  The family was very friendly, but not overly friendly, if you know what I mean.  Breakfast was served in our room, and also, there was a very nice bathroom in our room.  You didn't have to share a bathroom with another room or rooms.  And when I say nice bathroom, I say nice compared to US homes.  If you've ever been to an older hotel or B&B in England and Scotland, you'd know what I mean.  When we walked back from the Royal Mile, we walked by a local pub and decided to give it a try.  The locals immediately knew we were tourists (guess it was because I was carrying a tourist guide to England and Scotland) and sort of adopted us that night.  I think I paid for the first beers for my wife and I and this guy named Gordon sitting at the bar noticed I tipped the bartender.  He told me we don't need to tip bartenders here because (in his words, and loud enough so the bartender could hear him) "that bastard right here makes more than I do".  He paid for our beers the rest of the night.  Made for a pretty memorable Scotland trip.

We stayed in what I'd consider a nice hotel in London, but the bathroom was funky weird.  The bathtub was maybe 5 feet (maybe even closer to 4 feet) long, but 2 feet deep.  But luckily, it had a shower head and curtain, which was all we used anyway.
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2010-01-02 1:33 PM
I'd rather stay at a house or condo where I/we can make our own meals.  Eating at restaurants can get pricey over an extended vacation.  Plus you have more of a sense of privacy.

Of course it somewhat depends on the vacation as well.  Sometimes a hotel is suitable enough....like in Vegas.

We've stayed at 1 bed and breakfast....here. It was nice and relaxing.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2010-01-02 2:12 PM
I've stayed in quite a few B&B's over the years and they usually leave me feeling like I have no privacy.
Some are better than others of course, but it's hard to leave early/come in late without bothering someone... and somehow, the breakfast seems to have gone out of the Bed and Breakfast part!

I'll take a nice hotel, any day.
Up Topic General / Travel / places to stay