Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Track Tuesday (Post your Dailies)
- - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-10-10 3:21 AM
Hi everyone, Tell us what's on Track for you today. Inquiring minds want to know:wtf:

As for me I'm heading out this morning for an easy 5 with my friend Ray.
That will be followed with a Track w/o (6x400at92") this afternoon.
I'll squeeze in an Upper Body Weights session tonight.

I'll post the actual results as they happen:grin:

BobS
Parent - By Polar Bear Date 2006-10-10 3:51 AM
Yep! 'Twas a track day, but it was "Track Monday" as is usually the case. Good news is the beating wasn't so bad last night so I can't complain. :happy:

Only ran 8 x 800 m repeats with 400 m intervals after each as recovery. A 2-mile w/u and a 2-mile c/d were included as bookends. I almost screwed up the workout right at the beginning as I went out way too fast on the first repeat. When I realized my first 400 m split had been run at 'breakneck speed', I immediately throttled back and just cruised the second lap. That first one seemed really easy to do, but it's a good way to ruin the remainder of the workout starting like that! :shocker!:

So, as goes the plan, it's "Resting Tuesday" for me! :grin: Nothing as far as running today. :cool:

Everyone have a great day!! :happy:
Parent - - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2006-10-10 4:06 AM
Good morning Bob.

Yup, Ran my Sundays Long run yesterday after work and was surprised to find I had more in my energy reserves that previously thought...that's good news.  Even paced the run faster than planned.

Stretch and strengthen day today then hit it hard again starting Wednesday...speaking of Wednesday, here in lower mid-Michigan we are slated to get SNOW starting Wednesday perhaps Thursday. :cry::cry::shocker!:

SAY WHAT?  Still, it's better than 100 degrees like our friends down in Texas have to put up with...time to break-out the long sleeved zip-up's.

Run well, run safe...............GO TIGERS
Parent - - By Polar Bear Date 2006-10-10 5:38 AM
Snow?! :shocker!: What in the world is that? :shocker!: :shocker!: I have heard of this stuff called snow. : pbbt:

SAY WHAT?  Still, it's better than 100 degrees like our friends down in Texas have to put up with...time to break-out the long sleeved zip-up's.

It's still summertime-warm here so I'm still out there running topless!! :laugh: : pbbt:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-10-10 9:33 AM
You'd think someone with the screen name of "Polar Bear" would know what snow was: pbbt:

Keep up that topless running - someone has to do it:wink:
Parent - By Polar Bear Date 2006-10-10 2:52 PM
You'd think someone with the screen name of "Polar Bear" would know what snow was: pbbt:

Ruh, roh!! :shocker!: I think my cover has been blown!! :laugh: Can you please point me in the direction of the arctic circle?! : pbbt:
Parent - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-10-10 5:33 AM
The 6 easy miles with Ray are done:grin: (8:56)(138)

I hope the track work later today is as satisfying:grin:

See Ya later:wink:

BobS
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-10-10 6:22 AM
No track workout for me. That said I will be running 4 miles this morning as soon as I get motivated. I'll go within the next half hour I think. I'll report back...maybe : pbbt:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-10-10 8:52 AM
4 done. At a little over a mile my left foot which had a little bit of pressure building up in it cracked/popped quite loudly and I was a tad freaked out. Usually the pressure sort of moves up my foot and then disperses, not this time. I actually stopped to make sure that my foot was ok and it was. No pressure after that. At almost 2 miles I ran into Dave (XT) and he ran with me, making me run to fast, and turned me into a really heavy breather because I was talking to much. Then I got rude and basically told him to mosey on :blush:: pbbt: Sorry Dave. After that it took about a quarter mile to resettle and the rest of my run went fine. I'm now finally enjoying a couple of coffee and trying to ignore my child :blush: In my defense John is home as well today so it's his turn : pbbt: Ok, so I'm not REALLY ignoring her :laugh:
Parent - By RBrauerei [us] Date 2006-10-10 4:35 PM
really heavy breather because I was talking to much

Never mind...*wishing we had that whistling emoticon from RWOL*
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-10-10 6:27 AM
Nothing yet for me, I have a bike/run brick planned for this evening. Other wise it's a quiet day. Going to oldest son's soccer game after work.

Breakfast: leftover Chinese food. Shrimp in garlic sauce, Hunan chicken and shrimp with cashews.
Parent - By JeffRuns [us] Date 2006-10-10 6:27 AM
Another recovery dy from my race on Sunday.  I slept in today so I'll be training out of order.  Upper-body weights at lunch and then I'll brave the crowds at the Y after work to do my EZ 30-miute swim. 

Run strong folks!!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-10-10 6:50 AM
Greetings from Roanoke, Virignia.  Heading up the beautiful Shenadoah Valley today enroute to home.  I did get in a most excellent but just too short run before dpearting the mountainsyesterday afternoon.  The trip yesterday through the mountains of NC and TN was spectacular.  Speaking of most excellent, the ribs at the Dixie BBQ were just that.   I have drifted from the diet, yes I had sweat tea with the BBQ but some things are essential.  I didn't go too far off course the last few days.  Was down about 7 pounds since Labor Day. 

Tom
Parent - - By penguinpam [us] Date 2006-10-10 6:54 AM
Good Morning Y'all! Busy weekend here.......a little running, and a LOT of walking. Saturday was an emotional roller coaster......We drove to Ashford to the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp which was totally AWESOME.....I was blown away. Only 5 of us team members showed up out of 90, but we got a tour of the camp and learned a lot about it. Alex was so motivated that she wants to help with my fund raising and one day volunteer there, and Conor said, "Wow....I want to come here!!" Of course, I said, "OH...NO sweetie, you really DO NOT want to come here!".....I tried to explain so that a 5 year old could understand that the kids who go to the camp are sick children. The clinic was amazing and was called the 'Okay...corral' ...there were horses, a 35 foot high, totally handicapped accessible treehouse, and SO much more. Ray was not very supportive of my plans for this marathon, but he was in tears after the tour of the camp and now he is behind me 100%!!!!:hug::hug:

Then there was the football game! Nick and his teammates played Coast Guard and they were fully expecting to be slaughtered by them! They ended up being beaten by ONE STINKING POINT!!! HEARTBREAKING LOSS:cry::cry:

Yesterday the kids were out of school and we walked around historic Old Wethersfield where we visited a church that George Washington visited. The church has an ancient buriel ground from the 1600's and we wandered around there for awhile (Yeah, Alex LOVES old cemeteries!) and then we went to a park for a picnic!!! SO much fun!

Okay......as for running.....I am hoping to get in a pretty long run today. I'm not sure how long......I'll let my knee decide that one.

Oh yeah, today is Ray's birthday......gotta bake a cake SOMETIME today!

Have a great one folks!
Pam
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-10 7:08 AM
Wow, what an emotional weekend!  Now get busy on that cake!!
Parent - - By murphy26.2 Date 2006-10-10 7:30 AM
Oohh - a cake posting: pbbt:(licking lips emoticom?) Details please!! Happy Birthday Ray!
Sounds like you had a neat weekend - only a few weeks til NYC!!
Parent - By penguinpam [us] Date 2006-10-10 12:47 PM
After my late start running......doing 13 PAINFUL miles (I had to run most of it on sidewalks).....I think I'm going to run out and BUY a cake!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-10 7:13 AM
I'm going to run on my lunch hour today.  After I explain to my boss the need for a 90 minute lunch....and get the dumbfounded look off his face....."you're going to do what?"  "Why would you waste a perfectly good meal to run?"  etc etc

Youngest daughter went on a class trip today to the Field Museum in Chicago - she's been up since 5am with excitement - and it will be one of those "we might be back at 5, or maybe 5:30, but probably 6pm" things where I have to sit in the parking lot waiting forever.  If they hit alot of traffic coming out of the city, it will be 6pm before they get home and I wont have enough daylight left for a run.  So for a change I'll be pro-active and get it done at lunch!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-10 12:46 PM
3 sucktacular miles.  Dead quiet in the neighborhood.  Not even a dog to scare me.
Parent - - By Soundrunner [us] Date 2006-10-10 1:27 PM
I'm confused -- you ran at lunch and it was quiet in the Chicago area?  :wtf:

In any event, good job getting it done.  I run at noon quite a bit b/c of kids and husband stuff.   I'm one of the few who ever use our locker room/shower (a sort of Ally McBeal set up, too) which is fine by me.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-10 3:29 PM
Oh, I'm way out in the sticks.  100 miles straight west of Chicago in the middle of a cornfield:laugh:  The trip to the Field Museum for my daughter is a big adventure - 2 1/2 hour drive on charter busses, HUGE excitement for an 11 yr old.
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-10-10 1:46 PM
Lucky lady you are. When I went out this morning I had two golden labs launch themselves at me because their human couldn't control them well. I moved to the middle of the street but I refused to cross all the way over :mutmad: Say since I'm going back and forth to Chicago for my Mom's house we should try and get togther either for a run, race or breakfast. Or not, if you aren't interested.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-10 3:33 PM
I'd love to get together but I don't do downtown Chicago.  If I could be drop-shipped in I'd be fine, but I can't deal with the traffic.  Is your mom's actually in Chicago or, fingers crossed, the suburbs?
Parent - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-10-10 7:17 AM
Good Morning!

No track- but ran some striders using the distance between the phone poles in the neighborhood this AM.  I figured I didn't have much time, so I  tried to increase the intensity.

Then breakfast with my grandkids.  :hug:  :hug:
Parent - By Lori Andersen [us] Date 2006-10-10 7:36 AM
Not to the track but to the gym last evening for 3 miles on the TM! The day nearly snuck away from me but I managed to slide those in first! : pbbt: I'm packing up my things for a core workout back at the gym after work and hope to have time to add in a couple more miles running. It feels good to shake up my routine!

Have a Treeemendous Tuesday, Friends! :cool:
Parent - - By murphy26.2 Date 2006-10-10 7:37 AM
Good Morning! I have a ridiculous amount of accumulated sick days (that will be lost when I retire) so I decided to take another day off
Do I have the honor of being the only one on the forum with sore armpits?:laugh: - from using the crutches yesterday! I figure I'll hop up & down the driveway a few times today - can't just sit inside & not take advantage of this beautiful autumn day (mid 70's & glorious sunshine) especially when some folks are talking about snow!!
Have a terrific day :cool:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2006-10-10 8:47 AM
Do I have the honor of being the only one on the forum with sore armpits?
:laugh::laugh::shocker!: I think that would be a yes! What else are you going to do with your day off? Oh, wait I mean sick day?
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-10-10 9:41 AM
You sound like my husband . . . he has over 1,800 hours of comp time and will lose it when he retires!  :shocker!:

Put that foot up, grab a good book, and enjoy the beautiful fall weather!
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-10 6:04 PM
My armpits are the only things that aren't sore!
Parent - - By rgreen45 [us] Date 2006-10-10 8:01 AM
I had to visit the doc this morning. My surgery (aka procedure) is scheduled for Mon 10/16. I have to abstain from running for a weeeeeeek, sheesh:shocker!:

I missed my Tue morning run so I'll go out for 4-5 tonight while waiting to watch the Tigers clean up on Oakland.
Parent - - By MarcRunsSlow [us] Date 2006-10-10 9:09 AM
That remains to be seen. Where's Detroit? :laugh:
Parent - - By rgreen45 [us] Date 2006-10-10 11:39 AM
:cool:

It's an obscure town in Michigan where they used to build automobiles. :laugh:

Now, they play ball.
Parent - By ironjen Date 2006-10-10 1:47 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By RBrauerei [us] Date 2006-10-10 4:39 PM
Don't they make pizza now?  And that's not so good either... : pbbt:
Parent - - By Ron274 [us] Date 2006-10-10 8:13 AM
Looks like a running rest day for me. But I'll be "running" just the same. I have several appts. scheduled starting with the annual pre-marathon phys. Then a blood donation at work, a trip to the eye Dr. for the annual eye exam then wrap things up with Tues. night bowling league. Whew! That's a workout right there.
Have a great day everyone!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-10 8:51 AM
Geez, sounds like your 40,000 mile tune up!!
Parent - - By GrayDave [us] Date 2006-10-10 8:30 AM
Actually, every other Tuesday is track day and that was last week.  This week is supposed to be a tempo run.  I had no desire to push myself when I started my run, but I did manage to pick up the pace for 2 miles of a total of 4.7.

Okay - according to the radio this morning, today is:

National Floppy Hat Day
Clean the Sink Day
National Angel Food Cake Day
The First Day of Ratty Sweater Season

I think I will get an angel food cake if I get out to the store.  I could eat one of those anytime.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-10 8:51 AM
I've got the ratty sweater day covered!
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-10-10 9:42 AM
Me too!!  :laugh:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2006-10-10 8:53 AM
National Floppy Hat Day
Clean the Sink Day
National Angel Food Cake Day
The First Day of Ratty Sweater Season

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-10-10 9:45 AM
Yoga poses last night, abs this morning.  I laid out my clothes last night to do a walk on the treadmill, but didn't sleep well last night so I successfully ignored the alarm.  :meh:  Tonight we will do a thorough cleaning of the house (my way) so the XC varsity team can come over for dinner tomorrow.  Since it's such a small group, I suggested they go to a restaurant, but they like to "hang out" at someone's house.  Now if I can convince Marty that HIS way of cleaning is in no way the same as MY way of cleaning, we'll be OK.  :laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-10-10 10:51 AM
Let me know if you can "convince" a high schooler of anything:laugh:
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-10-10 12:20 PM
Just had lunch with my boss and he said that Marty was giving his son a guitar lesson tonight.  Oh, news to me!  Looks like I'll be cleaning MY way after all!  :mutmad:  Marty is bartering a couple guitar lessons for representation in court on Friday for his car accident!  Smart kid.  :wink:
Parent - - By murphy26.2 Date 2006-10-10 12:09 PM
Any news yet about your sister? Hope all went well:hug:
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-10-10 12:21 PM
No word yet!  :cry:  I'm having trouble staying focused on work.
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-10-10 12:42 PM
Just heard from my mom.  Marla's in recovery now, not sure if she'll spend the night.  The lump was larger than expected, and they ended up taking 2 lymph nodes.  They will test those and get the results back on Friday.  So . . . now we wait. 
Parent - By Soundrunner [us] Date 2006-10-10 1:23 PM
:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-10-10 1:47 PM
Still sending those vibes and prayers Michele.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-10 2:41 PM
I hope that its all o.k. Michele.  :hug::hug:
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2006-10-10 11:13 AM
Not quite track time.

Our marathon training plan called for a track workout today, but we postponed that a week to be a little fresher for our local half marathon this Saturday. Our normal route covers most of that course, but today we followed the actual course for most of the run. It was very helpful to point out some smaller hills that we'll encounter along the way and to remember where some of the key turns are. Somehow our splits merged with the race mile markers (pure luck) at about 5 miles in and we ended up with about 13.75 miles for the morning. There were lots of people running this morning and it looked like a few had the same idea we had, and were getting a preview (or refresher) of the course.
Parent - - By MarcRunsSlow [us] Date 2006-10-10 12:17 PM
Cloudy 57°F @ 9:00 am PDT w/66% RH
Wind: East SE @ 13 mph

Leisurely 5.0 mile Weekly Warm Up Run @ 9:34 mpm. Speed Work is tomorrow.

Week To Date= 5.00 miles
Parent - - By Soundrunner [us] Date 2006-10-10 1:29 PM
Speed work this week?  You're recovering well, too.  I'm considering a 5k on Sunday, if I can get coverage at home. 
Parent - By MarcRunsSlow [us] Date 2006-10-10 2:28 PM
My Speed Work just means faster than I ran today. Perhaps I should have said Intervals! :laugh:

Good luck with the 5k.
Parent - - By penguinpam [us] Date 2006-10-10 12:51 PM
I only managed 13 miles today and I'm NOT happy about it:mutmad: I had to run most of that on sidewalks and the pounding had my knee AND lower back throbbing. It also got a lot warmer than I had hoped. It is 74 degrees out right now, and pretty much all of my run was in the sun......did I mention that I only got 5 hours sleep last night????? Okay, enough whining......I WILL get in a longer run on Friday! Think Ray will mind my new scent on his birthday????? That Ben Gay is STRONG smelling stuff!!

Pam
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-10 2:41 PM
ice ice baby.
Parent - By NErunner [us] Date 2006-10-10 9:27 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Soundrunner [us] Date 2006-10-10 1:20 PM
Another gorgeous fall day here.  I couldn't get out this a.m. so I may do back to back runs at my favorite park for trails and mountain and water views a bit later.  This weather is supposed hold and I'm thinking of taking a day off this week to hike in the Cascades --it's been a while.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-10-10 2:44 PM
Went out for an easy 4 this a.m.  Fairly sucktacular, nothing hurt, just mentally taxing for some reason.  But finished in a decent time.  Then, off to errands with my mother, who is becoming more and more unable to walk.  Now, that's mentally draining!  I'm always afraid that she'll fall, and at this point, she won't use a walker or a cane.

I plan a nice 3 tomorrow a.m; weather is all over the place, so now it is beastly hot.  Gotta get up early, I guess.
Parent - By mrbill [us] Date 2006-10-10 4:02 PM
Stretch / Tricep / 10 mile run (9:00 / mile)

http://onemoremile.net
Parent - By RBrauerei [us] Date 2006-10-10 4:33 PM
I'm tracking posts to the daily; 55 at the time of my check-in.  I got nothing else to track... :meh: 

Anyone want to help me drill masculine personal plural adjective endings? :wtf:
Parent - - By Lee Tri-s [us] Date 2006-10-10 5:53 PM
Home computer is down again.  The on/off switch on the monitor isn't working so the whole thing is useless.  Posts will be sporatic depending on if I have time at work or if I bring my school laptop home-- not possible on bike days.

Had a relaxed 5 mile run this morning and a 3000 yard swim later.  Today is "Institute Day" which means there is no school and the teachers' union has a day for meetings and workshops.  It was fun catching up with friends from other schools where I worked.

Today is also my husband JJ's 60th birthday.  I'll be bringing a 1/4 sheet cake to the end of his last class at the university.  I invited all his colleagues to join us and any of the students who want to stick around.  After that I'll take him out to dinner.  We're getting old-- we eat dessert first :laugh:

I can't wait to give him his gift.  I have all the tickets and reservations for a full sports weekend on Oahu next month-- watching a UH volleyball game Friday night, playing golf Saturday, tailgating and watching UH football Saturday, and more golf Sunday.  I tried to "think like a man" when I figured it all out.........................Lee  (O.K. so I am checking out races I can enter while he's playing golf!)
Parent - - By MarcRunsSlow [us] Date 2006-10-10 8:53 PM
Gosh Lee, what a sweet heart. JJ should be pleased.  I sure hope he plays golf! :laugh:

I hope you find something to do while he's out golfing. I suppose you can always swim or shop!
Parent - - By Lee Tri-s [us] Date 2006-10-10 9:02 PM Edited 2006-10-10 9:06 PM
It was through golf that we met.  No, I've never played.  I don't do well with any sports that involve objects.  A colleague of mine who golfs with her husband had been trying to convince me to play in order to meet men.  Not worth it to me at the time, quite contentedly divorced.  One day she and her husband got paired up with a few others.  One of them was JJ.  She's a naturally nosey type.  She's also 4'10" and thinks I'm a giant.  JJ is 6'4".  She kept telling him about this "really tall woman" she knew.  She got his phone number, dared me to call, and the rest is history.  It's been 6 years now.  I still don't play golf.
Parent - By NErunner [us] Date 2006-10-10 9:21 PM
What a cooooool story, Lee!

And I LOVE that you STILL don't play golf : pbbt:!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Track Tuesday (Post your Dailies)