Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Injuries / Dead legs ?
- - By sideshowbob Date 2009-05-15 3:54 PM
Do  you guys ever have periods when your legs are dead ,lifeless, and for no apparent reason ?
Parent - - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) Date 2009-06-01 12:34 PM
Yep. That happened to me last year. I pushed through it and ended up with tendonitis. From now on I'll listen and take a break when my legs are not into it.
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2009-06-10 4:58 PM
No, it's not that.
Parent - - By darbycrash Date 2009-06-11 2:20 PM
yes

taking  a recovery week with no speedwork and reduced mileage is my cure
Parent - - By sideshowbob Date 2009-06-11 3:10 PM
Thanks, but I tried that and wasn't any help. My problem is that I go 3,4 weeks  great and then for a week
my legs are lifeless.
Parent - By darbycrash Date 2009-06-15 3:43 PM Edited 2009-06-15 3:47 PM
i don't think i quite understand...... conventional wisdom says to take a recovery/stepback week every 3-4 -5 weeks to allow the body to recover .  if you go 3 or 4 weeks and then get dead legs what gets you back to having another good 3 to 4 weeks? would seem your body is forcing you to do what is reccommended.

i think you may have just answered your own question but perhaps i misunderstand.

if your legs stay lifeless and don't come back, then i think you might have an issue, otherwise what you describe sounds normal to me.

can't expect to train hard week after week w/o the legs getting tired and needing a break to recover. if it happens to you every 3-4 weeks, i'd say that's not out of the norm. listen to your body to prevent overtraining.
Up Topic General / Injuries / Dead legs ?