Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Injuries / When do you stop running?
- - By beckster [ca] Date 2009-03-14 9:00 AM
Just wondering at what point you stop running when you have issues. :)

Last week I had pain in my foot and metatarsal head (from tripping and had acupuncture and ART treatment from a chiropractor. I also had Xrays to check if I had a stress fracture. No stress fracture, but she says I might have a semi-serious condition called a Freiberg infraction and that I should have it checked out by another doctor. I have an appointment to see s sports orthopedic in 2 weeks. BUT my foot feels FINE now. :-O Would you run in the meantime?
Parent - - By whollymoly (manliest boy) Date 2009-03-14 4:22 PM
that sounds like some serious sheit.  don't know if i'd run on it or not.  have you ever tried pool running, or aqua jogging, as it's sometimes known?
Parent - - By beckster [ca] Date 2009-03-20 9:13 PM
Thanks for the reply. The problem is I sink in water. That's why I run.
Parent - By whollymoly (manliest boy) Date 2009-03-21 10:25 AM
the aqua jogger is a flotation device that keeps you upright in water so that you can mimic the running motion in deep water.  it's the perfect way to keep your training up when you can't tolerate the impact of running.:hug:

http://www.aquajogger.com/index.php
Parent - - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) Date 2009-03-17 10:08 AM
If I felt fine I probably would. :blush:
But stop at the first sign of pain.
Parent - By beckster [ca] Date 2009-03-20 9:14 PM
Yeah, I have been running, but mostly easy and short-ish runs. I'm going to start picking it up.
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2009-03-20 11:13 PM
When I'm running regularly, I can get what my Dr. diagnosed as Plica Syndrome if I run too many miles in a pair of shoes.  My ankle hurts and feels similar to what a stress fracture feels like.  I lay off it for about 2-3 weeks and I try running again, but slowly. 

If I were you, I'd try something different until you get you get a green light from the Dr.
Parent - - By wudywudy [cn] Date 2011-05-12 12:49 AM
after i graduated from the college,i stop to run,dont know why i am so scared to run
Parent - By whollymoly (manliest boy) Date 2011-11-17 6:24 PM
How unbelievably fucking profound!:roll:
Up Topic General / Injuries / When do you stop running?